Tuesday 19 February 2019

Thank you, Sting, for Oshawa efforts

TO THE EDITOR:

Way to go, Sting. This musical could not have come to Toronto at a better time ("Unifor gets musician Sting to join fight for GM's Oshawa plant," autonews.com, Feb. 11). I just came back from seeing The Last Ship, and it hit home for me. I worked at General Motors' transmission plant in Windsor for 30 years. We felt gutted when our plant closed in 2010. The sad part is, the plant could have stayed open and created many more jobs for many years to come.

I hope Sting can help the Oshawa plant stay open. His going there certainly creates some publicity. The only reason this plant is ending production is because of corporate greed. It's a shame profits mean more to GM than the lives of a community. We know in Windsor how it feels.

Maybe if everyone boycotted GM and they saw their profits drop, that would open their eyes. Being a huge Sting fan, I wish I could thank him. If GM does close and go to Mexico? It will be time to buy a Toyota. At least they build cars here.

JIM CAMPBELL ,Windsor, Ontario



from Section Page News - Automotive News http://bit.ly/2DQENlX

No comments: